PROUDLY SPONSERED BY FREE ITUNES GIFTS

Thursday 10 March 2011

3/10 The Movies Blog

     
    The Movies Blog    
   
Oscars 2011 - Why The Social Network Should've Won Best Picture
February 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM
 

As the red carpets are rolled up, smashed champagne flutes are swept away and the giant cock and balls complete with hairy sack which a dejected Banksy tagged onto the side of the Kodak theatre is covered with something less offensive, it's time to reflect on the 83rd Academy Awards. And time once again to point out where the voters went wrong.

tsn

In this humble writer's opinion The King's Speech was an undeserved victor. The film, while joyous and more than an accomplished piece of film-making, did not exemplify the best of what this little blue planet has to offer. It was 'the film of the moment' not 'a film for the ages'. In my mind that honour goes to The Social Network.

Read more...

   
   
Oscars 2011 - Ten Things We Learned
February 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM
 

Last night I stayed up to watch the Oscars. It was for the most part enjoyable, but I’ll admit, there was a moment around 3am, around the time I was watching Halle Berry being interviewed about her shoes, where I did think to myself, “I wish I knew the precise moment my life went wrong...” In fairness, Halle Berry did seem to be thinking much the same thing.

If you didn’t stay up, and went to bed, then I’d just like to say that I hate you, and, over the course of the next 48 hours or so, then I’m sure my wrecked sleeping patterns will hate you too. But being the kindly sort, I did pull together a list of the evening's highlights, a sort of guide to what the Oscars 2011 gave to the world.

Without further ado, here are ten things I learned from the 83rd Academy Awards...

Read more...

   
   
Oscar Winner Trent Reznor - Interview
February 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM
 

One of the key Oscar winners at last night's ceremony was Nine Inch Nails man Trent Reznor, who picked up the Best Original Score award for his haunting soundtrack to Facebook movie The Social Network.

We quizzed Reznor on his memories of putting the soundtrack together, and why he's embraced soundtrack work.

Read more...

   
   
Nic Cage - Awfully Awesome or Awesomely Awful?
February 25, 2011 at 11:24 AM
 

How's this for a plot synopsis to make Ed Wood, Russ Meyer and Garth Marenghi weep? When his daughter is killed by Satanists, who then kidnap his baby granddaughter to sacrifice her and bring about the end of the world, Milton breaks out of hell and hits the road in an attempt to save her life. He's accompanied by a sexy waitress and pursued throughout by The Accountant, the Devil's right-hand man... In 3D!!!

I don't know about you but I'm already standing in line with my popcorn and specs.

Drive Angry

Say what you want about Hollywood and their dire output but the studio heads still have plans, ideas and rules. One such rule would be: never greenlight anything like the batshit craziness of above, unless, unless you have a star attached. Thank the maker then for one Nicholas Kim Coppola.

Read more...

   
   
Who Will Win At The 2011 Oscars?
February 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM
 

Unless you’re Spanish, you may remember the 2010 World Cup being defined by Paul the psychic octopus, the Oberhausen dwelling cephalopod who became a global sensation after successfully predicting the outcome of all Germany’s matches, as well as the winner of the final itself.

In fact, such was the octopus’ notoriety, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad actually criticized Paul a number of times during a speech in Tehran last July. President Ahmadinejad accused the West of using the octopus to spread "western propaganda and superstition," lamenting western decadence.

Quite what Ahmadinejad makes of Heidi the cross-eyed possum remains to be seen...

Sadly, I don’t have the aid of a psychic animal to aid my 2011 Oscar predictions, and instead will be relying on reason and sense to make my picks today. That’s not to say I didn’t try. I borrowed next door’s cat for a bit, then I had to spend sometime at the police station, then I spent at least an hour clutching a worn copy of Driving Miss Daisy (winner of Best Picture in 1990 bizarrely) and frowning intensely.

Read more...

   
     
 
This email was sent to freeitunesgifts@gmail.com.
Delivered by Feed My Inbox
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068
Create Account
Unsubscribe Here Feed My Inbox
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment